30.1.10

a snowy day off, making mixes...

i am currently in the middle of making three mixes for different folks and sorting through all that music and matching this song with that has inspired me to make a short post about what is currently consuming a lot of my time.

owen pallett's (formerly known as final fantasy) new album, heartland, has really been sticking with me the past couple weeks, and last i was walking home in the dark at about 1 in the morning and everything was covered in a fresh layer of undisturbed snow and this song was playing on my iPod (albeit not this live version):

it was one of those rare moments when everything in the music seems to perfectly compliment everything around me. it was pretty awesome 3 and a half minutes and i listened to the album on repeat until i fell asleep.

all that to say, if you haven't checked out heartland yet and you enjoyed the video above; i highly recommend it. pallett's strings and voice dominate most of the record and it is a beautiful, engrossing, almost pastoral, album. give it a listen and let me know if you agree or disagree.

enjoy,
the baron


No comments: