28.10.09

fall/winter/spring reading list

for those interested these are what is coming up next in the great reading quest; most of what's on this list is from the TIME 100 Best Novels Since 1923 list that I am (slowly) working through. these books will take me quite awhile to read and i can almost guarantee you that i will deviate from this list...but for the time being:
:The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
::Different Seasons by Stephen King (Mike at work has finally convinced me to give King a chance and this is where he told me to start)
:::The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood
::::Maximum City: Bombay Lost and Found by Suketu Mehta
:::::A Clockwork Orange by Antony Burgess
::::::Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell
:::::::The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien (continuing my re-reading of everything Tolkien)
::::::::Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe
:::::::::Percy Jackson & the Olympians Series by Rick Riodan (my little brother has been trying to get me to read these for awhile and I'm a big geek for Greek mythology so I thought I would give them a shot)
::::::::::Naked Lunch by William S. Burroughs (all of my friends who I talk to about this book say they haven't been able to finish it..so we'll see)
:::::::::::The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien (again, inner nerd)
::::::::::::The Big Sleep by Raymond Chandler
:::::::::::::Atonement by Ian McEwan
::::::::::::::The Children of Hurin by J.R.R. Tolkien (I haven't read this yet, so I am excited to see what all the fuss is about

No comments: